I was trolling the internet and happened upon USWeekly.com. They do a feature called “What’s in my bag?” where they ask celebrities that exact question. The celebrity then tells us what is in her bag.’
Journalist and celebrity Meredith Vieira says she carries the basics, like her personal BlackBerry, work iPhone, Starbuck’s Card, make up, and make up removal wipes. Celebrity Tia Mowry says she carries hand sanitizer; an extra pair of her son’s training pants, a book on potty training, and a DVD player for her son in her “Mom” bag.
The website MailOnline.com says “82% of us believe the contents of a woman’s handbag reveals a lot about her personality (and what is important to us), and 42% of woman say looking inside someone’s hand bag is as personal as reading her text messages.” I would have to agree with the 42%; I always taught my children (and my husband) that my purse was my private stuff therefore off-limits. On the few occasions I have told either my son or husband they would find what they needed in my purse, they always appeared a bit intimidated to go into it.
According to the same article, some women carry toilet paper. Well, I guess you never know when the spirit will move you! 🙂 Others carry their iPod or mp3 players, chocolate, and money/bank cards. They also said that 4% of women have confessed to carrying a spare pair of under ware. Probably the ones that don’t carry the toilet paper!
So, I was cleaning out my purse the other day, and this is what I found.
- Another tote (You never know!)
- Three dirty tissues
- Four starlite mint candy wrappers
- One lipstick
- Two chapsticks
- One sunscreen stick SPF 55
- 1 travel size mascara
- 1 ½ packages of purse size tissues
- Crumpled up post-it note
- $2.77 in change
- One feminine hygiene product
- Three business cards from the salon I go to with my last three appointments on them
- Two used toothpicks L
- A package of plastic tooth picks from the dentist’s office
- A pair of ear rings
- Business card holder w/ business cards
- Pillbox containing Motrin, aspirin and several of each of my prescriptions
- Beano 🙁
- A note pad
- Five pens
- Two mechanical pencils
- Small pencil sharpener
- My rosary (not because I say it)
- Two small tubes of hand lotion
- A zip lock bag of Dum-Dums
- A zip lock bag of mixed nuts
- Reading glasses and case
- Two rubber bands
- Id card holder attached to a lanyard w/o my work id in it
- Expired coupons for Macy’s, Kohl’s, and Michaels’
- A coupon for a firearms training class
- Mini binder clip
- Two half consumed rolls of roll aides
- Nail file
- Mini screwdriver
- Nail clippers
- Eyebrow tweezers
- Extra business cards in case I run out of the ones that are in my business card holder.
- An old grocery list
- A small case containing rewards cards from various local businesses.
- Pocket calendar
- Smart phone
- Wallet w/ credit cards, debit card, and receipts from recent purchases
- One mis-matched white sock
- My car and house keys
- Nail polish
- Lens cap for my husband’s camera (He thought he lost it)
- Small slip of paper containing usernames and passwords
What’s in your bag?
The card I am sharing with you today features the For All Things stamp set which is found in the Holiday Mini Catalog. I am very pleased with the way this turned out. I like it so much that I’ve made multiples to send for my Thanksgiving card.
I stamped the leaves and background directly onto a piece of 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of whisper white card stock using Hello Honey for the background and Mossy Meadow for the leaves. I stamped the Hello Honey first. For the leaves, I inked my stamp then stamped directly onto the Hello Honey, then stamped again onto the card stock without re-inking. Then I repeated the process; ink the stamp, stamp onto the card stock, then stamp again. So you are essentially stamping off right onto your card stock. To get the loopy linen thread, I laid down a strip of sticky strip, cut a length of thread and just looped a few times and laid it down onto the sticky strip.
I cut the burlap ribbon about 4 1/2″ long. I bannered the end then wrapped the other end around the back of the card. Part of the sticky strip helps to hold it down. I used glue dots to hold down the piece of Moonlight DSP. The crumb cake card stock is 1″ wide. I layered everything and then stapled everything to the card base using the Hand Held Stapler in the Holiday Mini. The sequins were leftover from the August My Paper Pumpkin Kit.
Hope you enjoyed your visit here today. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to let me know. Until next time…
Lacey, Martha. “Emergency loo roll, chocolate and spare knickers: What women REALLY keep in their handbags (and why men are afraid of them).” Mail Online. Associated Newspapers, 27 Sept. 2012. Web. 20 Sept. 2014. <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2209423/Loo-roll-chocolate–spare-knickers-What-women-REALLY-handbags.html>.
“Meredith Vieira: What’s in My Bag?.” Latest News. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Sept. 2014. <http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-beauty/news/meredith-vieira-whats-in-my-bag-201459>.
“What’s in My Bag – Us Weekly.” Latest News. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Sept. 2014. <http://www.usmagazine.com/whats-in-my-bag>.
MLA formatting by BibMe.org.
You must be logged in to post a comment.